Great news -- During the month of October, TRAVEL with EASe® became a certified Woman and Veteran Owned business by both the State of Florida and the United States Government. Our name, TRAVEL with EASe, has been awarded a registered trademark by the US Patent and Trademark Office.
We hope you enjoyed reading last month's newsletter regarding souvenirs. This month's we are talking about 5 simple steps to the best travel of your life. If you'd like to view any of our previous newsletters, please click here and then select what month you would like to read.
5 simple steps to the best travel of your life
People are always talking about taking their “dream vacation” — but largely what people mean when they say this is that every detail of the trip was planned flawlessly, everything went according to plan, and the service and food were stellar.
But what if the key to having the best vacations of your life has as much to do with how you approach traveling as it does with where you go and the number of stars on your hotel?
Here are 5 Traveler’s Resolutions you can make right now to make this the best year of travel yet:
1. I resolve to take responsibility for enjoying my vacation. Sounds weird, right? Especially since we often think an enjoyable vacation means that nothing goes wrong. I mean, what if your flight is late? What if they lose your bags? What if the hotel shower has terrible water pressure? What if your passport gets stolen? What if you get seasick — or worse?
If you resolve to be the one who decides if you enjoy your time, then you get to decide how you’re going to respond to each situation and what you’re going to make of it. Is it going to be a catastrophe that ruins your trip — or fodder for an exciting story at your next dinner party?
2. I resolve to take myself less seriously. Traveling is an act of vulnerability, especially if you’re headed someplace where the language, food, and culture are vastly different from your own. You don’t have to be an expert; you don’t even really have to know what’s going on. If you make a mistake, the world will not end. The more easily you can laugh at yourself, the easier you’ll be to travel with — and the more fun you’ll have.
3. I resolve to stay curious and humble. The world is full of surprises. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and be amazed by what you discover. Ever wonder why it’s so much fun to see regular everyday “boring” things through the eyes of a kid? They don’t know that they’re supposed to be “cool” and avoid looking silly in front of others — they just experience everything as if it’s the most amazing thing that’s ever happened. And you know what? They’re almost always having way more fun than those of us over 30. As adults, we have the choice to let go of cynicism and embrace wonder.
4. I resolve to trust more and be more generous. Anyone who loves to travel will tell you this: the world is mainly populated by good-hearted people who will extend help and hospitality when and if you need it. While it’s always wise to be aware and educated on potential scams and dangers — the truth is, 99 people out of 100 will gladly help you out of jam and will go out of their way to show you the best spirit of their culture. Open up a little and you’ll be pleasantly surprised by what you find. And inevitably, you’ll have experiences and make real connections that will stay with you for years to come.
5. I resolve to let go of my attachment to The Plan. Perhaps above all, being a great traveler means you have to be flexible. Things don’t always go according to plan — and wonderful things can happen as a result. Think of the “wrong” turn you took that brought you to the most breathtaking vineyard you’d ever seen. Or the canceled day trip that led to a day of meandering through spice-scented streets where you had the best curry of your life. Or the delayed train that allowed you to have late-afternoon tea with a charming shop owner in a crowded bazaar.
In the most significant ways, like all of the rest of life, the most valuable and memorable parts of traveling can’t be planned. That is the enduring beauty and draw of striking out on a new adventure.
A common thread among these resolutions is the ability to let go of anxiety, relax and enjoy yourself. Hiring a Travel Professional is one of the best ways to avoid the most stressful parts of travel altogether. I can do all the planning, handle all the details, and you get to enjoy. I will also be on call for you while you are on your trip to handle any complications or emergencies that may come up. Let me take all the stress out of organizing and leave all the pleasure to you. Contact me today!
If you haven't already liked our Facebook page, please stop by and check it out. You will see there is a lot of information on places to go and things to do.
Thank you for taking the time to read our newsletter, we hope you enjoy it. If you have questions or would like to talk more about travel, please contact us.
Please, share this newsletter with your friends and family.
TRAVEL with EASe®